[FAmSCo] Fedora Ambassador Membership and Mailing List Administration

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 5 14:16:19 UTC 2012

Hello FAmSCo,

during the preparations for my talk at nullcon in September i realized
that my interests shifted - and seeing that there was no progress in the
Fedora Security Lab (besides making it work for the next release) but on
the other hand also no progress in the Ambassador Group (more a degradation)

I decided that my time is better invested in my Security approaches to
work more on FSL - of course also with representing the Fedora Project
together with a awesome (not so boring like it is at the moment) FSL as
a Fedora Ambassador who is burning for the topic he speaks about. And i
am thankfull for the Support that Fedora gives me to go to nullcon!

Regarding Fedora Ambassador Membership and Mailing List Administration
(FAmA)  in the last time i did only the work who was necessary to make
the process work, but since some months i have not done ticket clean ups
for rejected or expired candidates and also not the Membership
Statistics anymore - as said this is not something that will disturb the
membership process itself, but is a question of discipline and time.

I am a Ambassador since more than 6 years and do the membership stuff on
a daily base since more than 4 years for more than 2000 approved and
rejected Candidates - we established a mentoring process which seems to
work till today. But i think it is time to hand over this job to someone
else.

It is nothing more involved than
- helping and enabling the Mentors
- creating the membership tickets and give them the first intro
- tracking membership requirements for each candidate (wiki,ml)
- sponsoring the mentors thumbs up candidates
- administration of FAS Group Ambassadors and FAmSCo
- administration of Ambassadors and FAmSCo List - with the challenge
that these both are members only lists!
- making the new group member intros on a regular basis
- making the membership statistics
- improve the mentoring process and membership experience

Please tell me who will be the next FAmA, in the next two weeks, so i
can hand over the work.

Of course i will proceed in my other duties regarding reimbursements ...

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688