[FAmSCo] Budget issues: Where are we?

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 19 18:37:50 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:

> II. WHAT WE HAVE AGREED ON SO FAR
>
>       * We want to move budget away form FAmSCo to the local communities
>         and the others.
>       * We want regional communities to handle their own budget.
>       * Regions should be able to define their own rules for approval.
>       * This means we need one budget wrangler per region
>               * APAC: bckurera
>               * EMEA: eischmann
>               * LATAM: aeperezt?
>               * NA: rsuehle?
>       * Review and approval of expenses should happen in the regional
>         trac instances.

I have designed a guideline and no major concern from the FAm in APAC
about the guideline so it is live now. Please find it at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/Reimbursement

>       * For accounting and planing, we need one global trac instance,
>         probably the draftbudget [3] one.
>       * The tickets in the central budget trac should only hold the
>         budget relevant info and a link to the regional trac ticket with
>         further info.
>       * In order to not screw up things, the budget, only some people
>         should have access to the central budget trac: OSAS, FAmSCo,
>         regional budget wranglers and credit card holders.

I would like to have central trac instance for record keeping
purposes, where the budget wranglers and other responsible add
accounting details once a month or quarter depending on the amount.

> III. SUGGESTIONS HOW TO MOVE ON
>      1. Make sure we have identified all problems. If you think
>         something is missing, please reply to this mail.
>      2. Once we have a complete overview of the problems, move it to the
>         wiki.
>      3. Try to prioritize and break everything down into smaller chunks.
>      4. Work in small groups of 2-3 ppl to address the individual
>         problems. E.g. as Ruth and Robyn are the ones to work with the
>         budget most, they are to define what the central trac should
>         look like.
>      5. Have regular meetings to review the progress (or the lack
>         thereof).

I think we have understand the problem.
1. We need to set guideline per each region (budget wranglers work on this)
2. Come up with the budget forecasts per region.
3. Ruth and Robyn will design a central system as they feel best based
on our comments.
Then OSAS is set up but should be documented well.

Thinking loud to see what I have missed :)

--
Regards,
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera (bckurera)

Email: bckurera at fedoraproject.org | IRC: bckurera | User: Bckurera