[FAmSCo] Budget issues: Where are we?

Clint Savage herlo at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 20 14:15:58 UTC 2012

>>       * What can these people actually approve? We already agreed on
>>         limits [2] but then Herlo found it counterproductive.
>
> I what way are they counterproductive? Let me use EMEA as an example:
> $0-499 - Peer review (FAmSCo member, credit card holder, it means you,
> me, and Joerg now)
> $500-1999 - Bi-weekly Ambassadors meetings (we agreed on that the quorum
> in EMEA is 5 ambassadors)
> $2000 and more - FAmSCo
>
> Regions are allowed to set up the first two limits as long as the
> regional limit is not higher than $1999. AFAIK APAC set up the peer
> review limit to $300. EMEA kept it at $500.
> For me, it works OK so far.

To clarify, after long discussions with some folks in NA region, it
seemed that many of the things that were restricted by the new rules
would regularly be violated because it was already being done and not
being approved. I don't have a problem with the approval process as a
good general guideline and if it works for a particular region, I'm
all for that.

The goal I have here is to get people funding and let them do awesome
things with it. I saw changing a process to enforce asking for
approval when they've been doing things a certain way that works for
so long as a detriment to this goal.

Hope that helps,

Clint