[FAmSCo] Ideas needed - Issue with Fedora branded items - no where to get them even for money?

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 11 18:21:18 UTC 2013

Hi All,

As agreed in today meeting I am writing for your ideas. I tried to
keep it simple.

The Problem : Fedora fans would like to get Fedora branded stuff
(expensive stuff) for an example polo t-shirts, jackets, bags and so
on.

Benefit : Enabling such will help us to spread the Fedora brand and
make our fans happy.

Option 1 : Produce such branded items and give them free.
Option 2  : Produce them and sell them in Fedora events or fedora
booths in other OSS events.
Option 3 : Negotiate with some vendors and let them produce and sell
these products .
Example :
http://www.debian.org/misc/merchandise

Option 4 : Fedora project/ RedHat produces these stuff and sell them.
Example :
http://shop.opensuse.org/
https://shop.canonical.com/

At the same time there are some vendors they do sell these items with
no permission, which implies Fedora is a brand which is making profit.
(I am not going to worry about legal concerns here, it is the Board
work)

http://www.zazzle.co.uk/eat_sleep_fedora_tees-235773473262448559

What should be the FAmSCos’ reaction on this so that our fellow FAm
can answer for questions like “Hey, I would like to get a Fedora polo,
is there a place to buy them?” , should we come up with an answer/plan
or give them the above vendors website URL?

Open for discussion and hope the problem and the scope is clear.

--
Regards,
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera (bckurera)