[FAmSCo] Paypal fee with reimbursements

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Sun Mar 3 15:20:26 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

This way should work fine.

> > I'm afraid it doesn't. One of the reasons that we use PayPal is that
> > finance accepts PayPal transactions as proof something has been paid.
> > But I guess that the amount needs to match exactly.
>
> I guess I am not seeing the difference here. I overpay reimbursements
> now to include the finance charge. The only difference would be
> whether PayPal reports the overage as a finance charge or not and
> seriously the finance changes are so small how can anyone care where
> $1 to $3 is reported. I would be disappointed if this is something
> finance wouldn't agree to allow since they end up paying what they
> should be paying and our contributors are treated fairly.

I agree with this idea from inode0.
Rules are built by us (I mean both Fedora and Red Hat) and we can change
them if we see it's better.

I suggest CC holders (by regions, e.g. EMEA, APAC) could (are allowed to)
decide to pay some additional bucks to cover PayPal fees.

Kind regards,
Tuan