[FAmSCo] Improve the process to become a mentor

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 10:05:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

Jiri filed https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/346  to nominate
Robert Mayr as mentor.

I was a little confused if this ticket was in the right trac. Shouldn't
that go to https://fedorahosted.org/fama/ instead?

I then looked into the wiki and all it says is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_choose_a_mentor#Regional_Ambassador_Mentors

> Regional Ambassador Mentors are a group of people - selected, proposed
> and appointed by people - not by a leveling system - based on trust
> (and a lot of soft facts), Prospective mentors are nominated by
> existing Mentors and confirmed by FAmSCo - [1]. If you want to be a
> mentor for the Ambassador group, be a good ambassador and if asked,
> volunteer to help, when needed. One great way to prepare is, to be a
> good mentor for the project as a whole.

If the nominees need to be confirmed by FAmSCo, it probably makes sense
to have a ticket in FAmSCo's trac. I wonder if we could make this a
little clearer by adding a sentence "To nominate someone, please file a
ticket..."

I don't want to change the policy, I just want to make the wording a
little more unambiguous.

Kind regards,
Christoph