[FAmSCo] Budget status?

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Sun Mar 17 15:35:17 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Thanks Christoph for your reminder. We are all looking forward to hear
from you, Ruth and Robyn.

> Robyn, do we have a budget? If so, how much is it? If not, what is
> blocking it and when can we expect a budget?
>
> Ruth, as the budget owner I'd like to ask you how much money did we
> spend in 2012? Do you have numbers for us? If not, what do you need to
> get them for us?

Ruth and Robyn, could you please clarify this to us asap.

> Jiri, it was brought to my attention that you recently denied approval
> of sponsorship for a contributor because of the missing budget. IHMO
> that was was wrong. If Red Hat fails to provide numbers, that's their
> problem. Please don't make it a problem of the Fedora contributors.

Jiri, I don't know the details, but what's wrong with that?

> Until we have a budget, I will rubberstamp all requests I receive. I
> will encourage FAmSCo and the community credit card owners to do the
> same. If we are over budget at the end of the year, it's not our fault.

+1.

We also have got a plan to do some FADs in APAC this year (as we decided
not to have FUDCon because of no volunteer host). I know budgets for FADs
and FUDCons are issued from the different source from ones for Ambassador
activities. However, we need budget information asap.

Kind regards,
Tuan