[FAmSCo] FUDCon budget (was: FY15 budget breakdown)

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Sat Apr 12 02:33:11 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

+1. I also personally think that $10k is too less to organize such a big
event like FUDCon. That is a regional event and we want to support as many
our active contributors as possible there.

Looking into budget details for FUDCon Beijing [1], they need money for
lot of required stuffs and just about $7,200 left for travel subsidies.
If the budget is cut down to $10,000, that travel budget will be $2,200
only. It may be enough for 3-4 people only (flight cost in Asia is high).

I agree that we need to spend money wisely. But with such so less money,
I do not believe that they can organize a good event. $15,000 as usual
should be the minimum budget for FUDCons.

Kind regards,
Tuan

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Beijing_2014#Budget_Details