[FAmSCo] FUDCon budget (was: FY15 budget breakdown)

yn1v at taygon.com yn1v at taygon.com
Sat Apr 12 17:55:37 UTC 2014

El 2014-04-11 20:33, Truong Anh. Tuan escribió:
> [...]

This is quicksand to me. I understand that from Red Hat/Fedora
accounting office the budget is what the spend on the event. If the
event happen to cost $15K but there was sponsorships for $5k from other
parties, then budgetwise the event is $10K for Fedora.

If the event still cost $15K and I secure $10K in sponsorship, then for
fedora budget will be $5k. I will lowering the budget for next event,
that will have or not the ability to raise sponsorship. But I can not be
lazy and expect to fedora pay for everything. I should not try to raise
de budget just for the sake of it. So that's why I see this issue as
quicksand.

Neville