[FAmSCo] FY15 budget breakdown

Ruth Suehle rsuehle at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 01:25:36 UTC 2014

> 1. I don't think premier events should be included in the regional
> budgets. Those are completely separated things with different parties
> which are responsible for them.

That's fine. We can split it out if it works better for you. To me, it's all one bucket at the end of the day, which is why I did it like that. Flock is 70k.

> 2. Expenses that are not related to the NA region, but have been
> included in their budget for historical reasons, haven't been excluded.

I initially supported this, but honestly, it turned out to be a lot harder than I expected. I can try again if it's that important.

> 3. FUDCon LATAM and APAC budgets have been cut to the level that doesn't
> make them FUDCons any more. With such a budget, you can sponsor 5 ppl
> maximally to travel which really doesn't make it an event for the whole
> region. Moreover, for example the APAC organizers were told they had
> much smaller budget just two months before the event.

- Neither has spent the entire 15k since I've been managing the budget. In fact, one was canceled altogether.
- I said (repeatedly, on multiple lists) that if there is need for more money to ask.