[FAmSCo] kde-sig request for f21 kde live media

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 09:20:05 UTC 2014

Hi Rex,
I will look into this and try to find a solution.

There are several things into account:
* FAmSCo only makes suggestions, the final decision what to produce is
up to the regions and the production is also handled and paid by them.
* DVDs for EMEA and APAC has already been produced and delivered, so
we'd have to make an additional order.
* we also need to find money for it because it's the end of the fiscal
year and I need to make sure we have money to fund it. The minimal
expense would be $800 (for 1000, our vendor doesn't make smaller
amounts)

I'm inclined to make it happen despite the constraints, at least for
EMEA where I have direct influence. I think it's important to send a
message that other desktop spins are not second class citizens and are
still supported by the Project. However, the DVDs won't be ready before
the end of January. Is it still interesting for the KDE SIG or should we
wait for F22 when we make sure it's ordered with the Workstation DVDs
and produced right after the release?

Jiri