[FAmSCo] Regional budget proposals for FY2015

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 17:18:33 UTC 2014

Hi Ruth,
in the last two months regions created budget proposals and FAmSCo
discussed them and approved. Here is what we're proposing for the next
year:

EMEA: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EMEA/Budget:2015
EMEA total: $40,600
LATAM: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/LATAM/Budget_2015
LATAM total: $21,535
APAC: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/Budget:2015
APAC total: $15,850

Total for all three regions: $77,985

As you can see the NA budget is missing. It's because the NA region
didn't appoint a regional treasurer with whom we could communicate and
even after some talks with members of the NA community we didn't receive
any plan or budget for the next fiscal year. We cannot really force a
budget limit upon the region, but we agreed at the last meeting that due
to non-existent budget plans for the next year and very limited expense
reporting they should not receive more money than they got last year.
That I think is fair to other regions which actually put a lot of
efforts into planning and reporting.
Looking at the F21 election results, I'm glad we will again have a
FAmSCo member from NA, so hopefully the situation will improve.

What just came across my mind and we haven't yet discussed in FAmSCo is
that we might want to have some small budget above regions which FAmSCo
would be responsible for directly because there have been activities
that are pretty much global and are not related to any region
specifically, for example the F19 and "10 years of Fedora" t-shirts. It
doesn't make much sense to divide them among regions.

Jiri