[FAmSCo] [Ambassadors] FY2015 budget plan wiki page for NA (was: FY15 event page?)

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 11:27:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 4:25 AM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com> wrote:
> Truong Anh. Tuan píše v St 19. 02. 2014 v 16:29 +0700:

This is just a gross mischaracterization of the facts that I almost
don't know where to begin but I'll try to respond briefly since I
really don't think anyone read my previous explanations given this.

1. When asked to provide a single point of contact for tracking NA
expenses we explained that it is currently *impossible* to do from
within FAmNA, we did not say we didn't need such a position. We cannot
track the many expenses paid by Ruth, Spot, Robyn, Dennis, and who
knows who else from Red Hat who pay and bill expenses to NA but who do
not report them to us. We cannot track what we do not know about.

2. Ben Williams eventually volunteered to try his best to fill the
role of treasurer and that information was passed on to FAmSCo. I
doubt anyone from FAmSCo ever talked to him about it.

3. I never said that the only expenses I know about are the ones I pay
with a credit card. Those are tracked in public by me precisely. I
also know about expenses we approve but since Red Hat pays so many of
the expenses I cannot track them precisely. I only know what was
approved, not what was actually paid. And I know nothing about other
things billed to us that I'm not told anything about. In other regions
there is a flow to expense accounting that makes things work
apparently that doesn't exist in NA if accounting is being done with
any precision.

4. I assure you no one nagged us since it was 4 or 5 days before you
wanted it that I found out about it. Of course, it is possible I
missed something here or there since the volume of Fedora stuff I read
and try to take care of is rather large. But I would have noticed
nagging. Probably the best result would have been an estimate similar
to last year anyway, so if that is what is being assumed there isn't
any crisis regarding the budget request in my view.

Please take the old fashioned view that FAmSCo members represent all
ambassadors. I'm afraid we are fractured at this point and if we or
any other region needs to have members of FAmSCo elected in order to
have a functioning FAmSCo representing all ambassadors then FAmSCo is
broken.

John