[FAmSCo] FUDCon APAC 2016: FAmSCo Discussion Thread

S.Kemter sirko.kemter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 05:59:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

Amit have you anything to say to the topic any issue, argument or are you
afraid to put your argument "raining season" forward again?

For the other readers here, Amits concern was that there is raining season
during FUDCon, on the question why its a concern for FUDCon in Phnom Penh
but not for FUDCon Pune, his answer was that they faced some problems
because of it. As Somvannda said that this area is not affected from the
rain, Amit said that wikipedia told him otherwise, there would be a lot of
rain in this month in Phnom Penh. Well just to correct his fine source
wikipedia a little bit, its a little bit stupid to just look to the
rainfall rate and not looking to the sunshine hours, that would bring out
that the rain falls during night.

Amit is the best example of Indians and their problematic behaivor, the put
so many nonsense "issues" forward that others get the feeling they dont
want FUDCon to be in PP. But in the opposite and thats well documented,
with their own bid they just went over all concerns, just look to the
meeting logfile for that.

Thats the general situation we have in APAC, just read some logfiles. If a
ticket is issued by another person who is not Indian, there are so many
purposes not to grant subsidies but Indians no discussion, they just use
there mass power to approve it.

Just look to the decission logfile for FUDCon Pune, clear to see and if you
want it more clear look to the logs which persons was present in meetings
before.

>From 5 FUDCons APAC had so far 3 was in India, if we look to the last year
one, in Beijing and that also this team had to bid twice and faced a lot of
this "hateful" behaivor with concerns about the smallest things.

So what was the "issues"

* first issue was that FUDCon would be parallel to another event, that
would disturb us. It was a nonsense argument anyway, we had good and bad
expiriences with that, but we can definitely achieve more to be there as
doing it alone. This is always to see from the local side, the suggestion
to make more smaller events in Cambodia is just nonsense. Why if I do a
weekend event here on Saturday/Sunday not many will come Saturday is here a
regular working day, they have 28 holidays here and have to work on
Saturdays for that. Its also hard to reach here students, normal students
here are college students that has another meaning, it means here they work
during day and go in the evening from 6pm-10pm to university. So its hard
to recruit them. What the Indians here always do is putting their
expiriences over the others..... who talks here about friendship again?

* raining season, see above

* October would be same month like FUDCon LATAM, the argumentation was
always that somebody from there wants to come. On my argumentation they
shall show me whenever somebody from LATAM came over, they switched to the
argument that then the FPL or other high level person could not come, as I
came with the argument that the FPL was not present in May either, they
came up with that it would be a problem for the budget. Harish was present
in FUDCon Pune and his argument that, this will not be an issue, if it can
be planned before. Well I got the task to speak with Ruth about it and I
did on Flock, and exact the same answer from her.

* the next issue was that it is not allowed for Cambodians to receive money
on paypal. Its documented in logfiles that Somvannda more then one time
said, that I have a german one and can receive money, they just stepped
over it and said, that they should not rely on me. Well fine, I know a
little trick how a Cambodian can get an US bank account and with this
account an US paypal and then receive the money, here the argument was then
that this is not authorized by RedHat what is funny to me as for RH it is
paypal and what bank account there is behind its not of their concern.

* then there was the issue, that there are 100 persons calculated for
hotel, well if you look all calculations are done on the base 100. Thats
what we did, we just looked for the average participation on FUDCons and
choose 100 as base for the calculations. That does not mean we book for 100
people rooms!

* next issue why there are just for 12 people travel planned, well thats
what we had left after all the usual things was planned 6k for travel and
we calculated with an average of 500$ thats what you have normally to
calculate. It should be also very clear the each part the get spent lesser
on the other parts will flow back into the travel pot and also when more
people spending lesser money, then more people can travel. Looking back why
there is now only a 15k budget for FUDCon, Amit should really shut up, it
was not a lot of Asians who travelled to Flock Prague, it was a lot of
Indians. What a joke that the RH office Pune found 10k $ for supporting
FUDCon there but never finds money to send their people to Flock.

So that was all issues and you can see nothing was left out, if there are
more issues, Somvannda or me will answer to it. We spent several months in
nonsense discussions already, time which could have been used more useful.

br gnokii

--
make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)