[FAmSCo] [Ambassadors] Fedora Budget.next - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Budget.next

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 6 15:58:31 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 09:11:45AM -0600, inode0 wrote:
> Event reports being required for reimbursement doesn't work that well
> for lots of situations. And expecting reports with any sort of
> useful/valid impact analysis to be presented within two weeks of an
> event is unreasonable. I'm not sure the people we send to an event to
> promote Fedora are necessarily the best people to do impact analysis
> anyway, but that is way too short of a window to do much that is
> meaningful.

I'd really like to hear ideas on who (and how, what, etc) would be good
for doing impact analysis.

> I think we would maybe get better reports if we asked for one report
> per event rather than one report per funded person per event and if we
> involved marketing/magazine writers to help present the activities at
> the event rather than relying solely on exhausted ambassadors to do
> this immediately after an event.

This makes a lot of sense to me — and in general fits with the the idea
of better collaboration/communication between ambassadors and
marketing.

> > - With only one guaranteed travel accommodation included as a benefit,
> > I fear we're going to run into difficulties deciding who gets that
> > benefit out of the three.
> Yeah, potentially three people do something and one based on some
> unknown factors gets a big benefit - recipe for unhappy campers.

I'd love to live in a world where it'd be easy for us to tell our
sponsor that it's worth sending all three from all regions. Maybe we
can get there. In the world we have where that might not be possible, I
think the best we can do is reduce the "unknown factors".

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>