[FAmSCo] [Ambassadors] the "premier" label [was Re: Fedora Budget.next - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Budget.next]

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 17 13:18:50 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 09:56:11AM -0500, Ruth Suehle wrote:
> We've discussed this before, but I'll point out again that Flock came
> out of the NA and EMEA FUDCons. If it is indeed the premier /global/
> event, APAC and LATAM have two premier events, including one annually
> each, and NA/EMEA have one that is only on their own continent every
> other year.

I really feel like three (or four) regional events aren't, in total, as
valuable as a global one. (Just as a Flock that brings people from EMEA
and NA together every year is better than having a double-sized FUDCon
in each region every other year.)

I know, though, that gobal travel is very expensive. I'd love to hear
people's ideas. What do you (and everyone) think about rolling APAC and
LATAM FUDCons in too? Maybe even rotating between all four regions?

Then, maybe we _do_ spend a little more on social events for
contributors in the other regions durning the years where Flock isn't
there, as bonding time for contributors who can't make the trip. And,
for user outreach, focus on non-Fedora-centric events combined with a
new meetup strategy.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>