[FAmSCo] FUDCon APAC 2016 proposal

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 15:48:55 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 10:15:16AM +0700, Truong Anh Tuan wrote:
> There is no response for over 2 weeks.
> Any updates on this?

Well, we were partly waiting for the internal budget discussion we just
had (see other thread).

One detail I'm interested in is the plan for 100 attendees but travel
subsidies for just 12, if I'm reading
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_PhnomPenh_2016> right.
How are those dozen selected? Are the other 88 expected to be locals,
or will they be paying their own way? Is the target existing Fedora
users, or new ones?

I'd also be interested in the suggestion of synergy with the Barcamp.
If there's 3500-tech-interested people, why not focus on that event
entirely and try to reach more than 100?

On a more general note, something for APAC region to consider... using
very rough back-of-the-envelope calculations, the $17k proposed here
could instead be used to get a dozen key contributors from APAC to
Flock next year. How would doing that compare as value for the money in
terms of overall benefit to the Fedora APAC community? (Not saying
that's necessarily better — genuine question.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>