[FAmSCo] FAmSCo chair election.

Giannis Konstantinidis giannis at konstantinidis.cc
Wed Feb 24 18:09:06 UTC 2016

Hey Cristoph,

>     On February 24, 2016 at 6:46 PM Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I'm sorry, I cannot cast my vote because I consider the whole vote
>     flawed. We hardly had a quorum when the candidates were nominated.

But you have never complained or said anything about the nomination process.
Until now.

>     According to the meeting log, somebody wanted to nominate me, but
>     nobody ever bothered to reach out to me.

Excuse me, but did you ever bother to participate in this committee?

>     And there was at least onestatement that I consider hostile.
>
>     Don't get me wrong: I'm not keen on becoming chair, but I want people
>     to talk *to* me rather than *about* me (or behind my back).

Care to elaborate? No-one talks behind your back.

>     Now potty withdrew his election. As there are no minutes on
>     meeting-minutes@, I don't know any details about this. Maybe he was
>     just trying to unblock the situation, but I think we should start over
>     with a new meeting time where all members can attend and a new vote.

It was agreed that I am appointed as the current chair. Subsequently, I have
appointed potty as vice-chair.

I think that this is all resolved now, after so many weeks. Unless of course the
majority of FAmSCo says otherwise, but that wouldn't make any sense because
we've just reached a decision.

I'm not the kind of person that is really keen on holding the chair position,
either. I'm surprised however Cristoph, because you have never really taken part
in any FAmSCo discussion and now that we have reached a decision (after weeks)
you've started complaining about the process.

What do the rest members have to say about that?

I would really love to see you again as an active member of the committee. One
of my current tasks is to send you and tuanta an e-mail about your inactivity
and try to re-activate you.

Take care.
-Giannis

--