[FAmSCo] giannisk's meeting titled "FAmSCo 2016-03-02" ended in #fedora-meeting-2

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 2 21:34:16 UTC 2016

Since this is by definition a global committee, getting everyone
together for real-time meetings is always going to be a big challenge —
and then of course that's compounded by the fact that everyone has
other demands and interests and lives, too.

I know having a regular meeting is a functional engine for keeping a
group like this functioning. But maybe there's another way? What if,
every two weeks or so there is a scheduled 48-hour period for
discussing and voting on open issues in the ticket tracker. Make quorum
be participation in that timeframe, rather than availability at a
certain hour. (And of course people could provide votes before if they
know they can't make it, or even ask that a particular issue be
postponed for more discussion.)

Or something else -- I'm just throwing this out there. The goal is to
find a way to allow participation when it's not possible to get
everyone in the same place at the same time, while still making sure
it's not unbounded or openended, and that there is a regular cadence
of some kind.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>