[FAmSCo] Fwd: FAmSCo chair election.

Giannis Konstantinidis giannis at konstantinidis.cc
Tue Mar 8 00:57:16 UTC 2016

Hey again,

>     On March 2, 2016 at 10:18 PM Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I had sent this to Giannis directly earlier today, but I think all of
>     FAmSCo should read it.

Part of that e-mail is from our private communication. Nothing sensitive or
whatsoever included, but next time I would appreciate If you respect my privacy
and ask for my permission before forwarding it to a public list.

>     I'm sorry I spoke up so late, but I don't think the timing changes the
>     validity of my concerns. I still think an election is built on sand if
>     not everybody was able to run. Given that we actually had a nomination
>     that was not considered, one even might call the election
>     illegitimate.

As I briefly mentioned during the previous meeting, technically, no-one has ever
nominated you. You can verify that by taking a closer look to the past meeting
logs.

>     Yes, I do bother. A lot. For years. Please don't confuse being
>     interested with currently being able to timely respond to mails or
>     able to attend a meeting.

Please don't confuse being active in the past vs. being active during this term.

>     Meanwhile, others agreed we should look for a new slot. If you want to
>     take over the lead, please be so kind as to set up a new poll or come
>     up with a different solution.

I would have started a poll. I have just noticed that you opened one, thanks for
stepping up and helping with this.

>     According to the log there were 4 famsco members in the meeting. There
>     is an unwritten rule that you don't elect yourself but get elected.
>     You restrain from voting for yourself, that's why in the past, we
>     always had a quorum of 50% + 1 vote. While this is not an official
>     guideline whatsoever, this quorum is common sense but was not met.

Potty stepped down as a candidate, which made me the only other candidate left.

>     Pro-tip: Please don't ask people for their views in one sentence and
>     give your personal opinion in the next. It will influence others.

That's very relative.

>     The idea that you could simply re-activate somebody with an email is
>     based on the misconception that somebody is inactive because he
>     doesn't care. Please let me assure you this is not the case.

Glad to hear that.

I don't think that this discussion is going anywhere. I really like that you
have started doing stuff again.

As mentioned during the last meeting, I'm going to open up a thread related to
whether the current FAmSCo leadership remains or we start another round of chair
elections. If you are still not satisfied with some other decision, please let
us all know and we will look into it.

Together with the rest of FAmSCo, let's push forward!
-Giannis

--

Giannis Konstantinidis

giannis at konstantinidis.cc