[FAmSCo] giannisk's meeting titled "FAmSCo 2016-03-02" ended in #fedora-meeting-2

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 12:56:30 UTC 2016

> Hey Christoph,
>
> > On March 2, 2016 at 10:19 PM Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> Excuse me Giannis, but this morning (means 8 hours before the meeting)
> I sent a mails to famsco@ and two to you directly.
>
> We were not informed that you were going to miss that meeting, either. That
> was the case.

I notified you as the chair who ran the meeting and I would expect you
to rely that info to the other participants instead of claiming: "no
news from gnokii, lbazan and cwickert AFAIK".

>> You mean like three weeks ago, right?
>
> Election results were announced on December 15th. The committee held its
> first meeting on January 13th.

That is correct and underlines my POV that people are having a problem
with the meeting time as – sorry to sound like a broken record – I
wrote three (meanwhile four) weeks ago.

> > I told you I won't be able to make it to the meetings three weeks ago.
> > Tuanta did the same a few days ago. IIRC he, too mentioned it earlier.
>
> But there was not indication that we should find another time and/or date.
> Until very recently.

Again, that was four weeks ago.

> > Seriously? You want to dissolve the current committee before trying
> > out a new meeting time and talking to the members who cannot make it
> > to the meeting?
>
> That's not what I said! Have a closer look at the logs.

I did, I even quoted you. You wrote:
  "I'm afraid there is no other way to go ahead, apart from dissolving
the current committee. :/"
and later clarified:
  "s/I'm afraid/Then, I'm afraid"

Unfortunately it's not clear what "then" means. If it means "if we
fail to find a meeting time", your proposal becomes even more
questionable: An elected person can only be removed from a committee
if he fails to do fulfill his duties, but not because he is unable to
make it to a certain time.

FAmSCo is Fedora's most diverse body as we have representatives form
all regions. As such, we always had problems wit the weekly meeting,
be it finding a common meeting time or general meeting attendance. I'm
still optimistic we find a time but if not, we should look into
alternative forms of collaboration before we think about dissolving
the current committee.

Best regards,
Christoph