[FAmSCo] Current Tasks

Giannis Konstantinidis giannis at konstantinidis.cc
Mon Mar 14 14:43:58 UTC 2016

Hey Cristoph,

>     On March 9, 2016 at 2:03 PM Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I think I have already elaborated my POV.
>
>     If potty had not stepped down, I would have voted for him, which would
>     have changed the outcome of the election.

Why didn't you do that, then?

>     AFAICS the budget was the blocker for both bids. We meanwhile have budgets
> at
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Puno_2016#General_Budget and
>     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Montevideo_2016_bid#Budget
>
>     Montevideo seems way more expensive than Puno, but USD 9,000 out of
>     10,369 is for airfare, which is not taken into account in the Puno bit
>     at all., so it's hard to compare the bids.
>
>     I think we need the event owners to clarify their numbers before we
>     can make a decision. It would be nice if they attended the FAmSCo
>     meeting in case there are further questions.

It has already been decided for Puno. AFAIK lbazan and potty are either part of
the organizing team or they are at least well-connected to it.

>     The budget at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_PhnomPenh_2016#Budget_Planning
>     needs more work before we can pass this on to the Council.
>
>     USD 17,180 is a little over the limit of USD 15,000 for an APAC
>     FUDCon. While this problem can be solved (additional budget,
>     sponsors), what really worries me is that is that there are hardly any
>     contributors in Phnom Penh, so most will have to be flown in. This is
>     where it really gets expensive. ATM only USD 6,000 are allocated for
>     airfare of 12 (!) people, but it will probably be way more people.
>
>     AFAIK travel is an ongoing problem for the APAC FUDCons. How did we
>     solve the problem in the past?

Gnokii has provided a few clarifications during the last meeting.

>     Is this a ticket for this? I only see
>     https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/359 but it seems to address a
>     different issue, namely mentors who want to step down (once and for
>     all).

Based on that proposal, I believe that it would really make sense to open up a
greater discussion related to a) cleaning up inactive mentors (who are clearly
not interested in mentoring new ambassadors anymore) and b) having a new round
of mentor nominations.

Take care!
-Giannis

--