[Fedora-join] Hello

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 23:56:40 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 19:09 +0530, Sourav Garai wrote:
> Thank You Ankur,
> Well after some thoughts i decided it would be better for me to start with
> some small tasks like removing bugs.

> So to start with bugs what do i have to do?
> I would like to do stuffs in Java , as it is my favorite language and i am
> quiet strong in it.

Hi Sourav,

To fix bugs, you just need an account at redhat.bugzilla.com. You can
then search for bugs, see if you know how to fix them, submit patches
and more. You could look at the QA team's documentation[1] for a
complete workflow.

Please note that fedora is "downstream", that is, we take software from
developers ("upstream") and package it to our users. If you're really
interested in bug fixing, you'd be better of working with upstream
directly. This will ensure that all of upstreams users receive your
fixes, and not just fedora. Fedora package maintainers will in-fact send
your fixes upstream, in accordance with our policy of staying in close
contact with them[2]

PS: cc'ing the join list so everyone can benefit from the thread :)

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Staying_close_to_upstream_projects

--
Thanks,