[Fedora-join] Akanksha , Introduction on fedora-join and question about wiki user page.

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 13:06:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 17:09 +0530, Akanksha Sharma wrote:
> Hi ,

Hi Akanksha,

> I am Akanksha, from Bangalore. I have started as Fedora user few
> months back. I shorthand Fedora as F os. (No offence) F stands for
> Fedora, Fun, and Field deployments which are my interests. :-)
>
> I am exited to contribute in the project .I am connecting F vms  with
> other FOSS servers. enabling prototype of field deployment for servers
> and systems. also setting up the test lab for regular testing of  F
> releases.

Woah! That's some serious work! Nice!

> Thanks for the great support via mailing lists.
>
> I have a Question related to user page creation in Wiki.
>
> Is there any  direct template to create the user page, or I need to
> type HTML in the edit field. Please point me if there is any template
> for user page creation.

Well, there is this page[1], which is kind of a template for user pages.
However, when I started, I simply looked up the source to another
contributor's page, and copy-pasted-modified it to make my user
page[2] ;)

You needn't write HTML in the source, you use "wikisyntax". There should
be a link on "help with wikisyntax" or something similar at the bottom
of the page when you try to edit it if I recall correctly.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Userpage
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
--
Thanks,