[Fedora-join] Seeking recommendation on ways to contribute.

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 1 14:36:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 12:50:13AM -0700, Madhurjya Roy wrote:
> 1. Being a high school student, I'm not very proficient at coding,
> yet! (I just know some C++ and basic Java)

That's okay. While coding is always awesome, few roles in Fedora really
require it.

> 3. I think, I have good communication skills! (Of course, I'm fluent
> in English!)

Always useful! One way you can put this to use is to write for
http://fedoramagazine.org/ -- see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Magazine for
ways to contribute. (Right now, we're looking to increase the number of
posts -- small, daily things are better than big, polished articles,
although of course we can use those too.)

> 4. I love science.

You might be interested in helping with the Fedora Scientific spin -- see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Scientific_Spin. Or, back to the Magazine
idea, articles about science and Fedora would be great.

> 5. I love open source.

Of course. :)

> 6. I'm good at reviewing.

Depending on what kind of reviewing you mean, here, this could be articles
about programs you like in the Magazine. Or, perhaps you mean technical
review of packages? In that case, we can _always_ use more. See
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process>

> 7. Since, in my country (particularly my region) most people use
> Microsoft Windows and have very little knowledge on GNU/Linux based
> open source solutions, I really want to make them aware of the vast
> and amazing open source world they are missing! Fedora is a really
> good community driven open source OS and that is why I want to john
> this project!

Sounds great, and welcome!

--
Matthew Miller