[Fedora-join] Greetings

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:01:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-11-24 at 20:27 -0500, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
> Hi Users,

Hi Hunter!

Welcome to the Fedora community :)

> I'm Hunter Jozwiak, a blind sysadmin who discovered Fedora out of
> random while on DistroWatch. I've been off and on with Fedora starting
> in about April of this year, but I've decided to keep it as my primary
> OS because it is good with resources, is a perfect cushion between
> rock solid and rolling release, and it's amazingly easy to install
> with Orca. Plus, it has a fantastic community. I hope to meet some
> fine friends in the Fedora community, and here's to a many great years
> with Fedora!

That's great to hear! If you're interested in getting started somewhere,
you could always look at the infrastructure group. They're always
looking for new sysadmins to share the load with them. More information
on the infrastructure team can be found here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

Fedora uses puppet and is now quickly migrating to puppet. We have a lot
of applications that aid the community which infra and the infra
developers maintain:

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/

Lastly, if you haven't already started testing out F21, you could give
it a go. The teams will be really happy to get feedback from you on how
the installation and usage experience is. There's still some time for
improvements too. To test Fedora 21, you can follow the instructions
here:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test-announce/2014-November/000956.html

To subscribe to the test list, please use this link:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join

I think that's enough info to get started with ;)

If you have any questions, please fire away!
--
Thanks,
Regards,