[Fedora-join] Any room for me?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 21:28:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-10-23 at 13:56 -0600, William Moreno wrote:
> But Fedora have all this desktop:
> http://fedoraproject.org/es/get-fedora#desktops
> Now, we donĀ“t have a Fedora Cinnamon Spins, so you can propose it:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_SIG?rd=SIGs/Spins
> Or you can make your own Fedora Remix with Cinnamon by default:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Remix

++

If you look at the archives, the decision to focus on 3 main products
was so that we can have three *properly* finished products to focus on -
it isn't possible to test, market, develop *all* spins - we don't have
the man power - we have to focus on market related products, hence the
workstation, cloud and server products. Gnome, since they work closely
with Fedora and RH are looking to make an integrated desktop - check
their design specs for details. Therefore, they provide the workstation
product.

As always, one is free to use whatever set of packages they want. This
hasn't changed, and will not change. So if you don't want to use Gnome,
pick a netinstall image and use Cinnamon instead, or KDE, or XFCE or
whatever combination of packages you please.

If you want a Cinnamon spin, you're going to have to work to maintain it
- that's how the community works. Everyone works on what interests
them :)
--
Thanks,
Regards,