[Fedora-join] Fwd: Joining fedoraproject as bugzapper

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 03:33:54 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-09-07 at 17:41 +0200, Marek Doležel wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Merek!

Welcome to Fedora!

> I would like to join fedoraproject as bugzapper.  I have some
> experience with c programming and technical knowledge,  meaning i can
> better understand the root of a problem.

That's great. We don't have an active bugzapper group any more. We just
have folks involved in QA that test out stuff and file bugs. The
maintainers generally look at the bugs and see which are related and
which aren't. However, if you have the knowledge, feel free to
reorganise bugs and add comments to them. Maintainers are always looking
for folks who can help them out.

Please also note that while submitting patches to the Fedora bugzilla
will be a good thing to do, submitting them straight to the upstream bug
trackers would be even better.

> I have already installed some recommended tools for firefox and
> checked open bugs for Fedora 21.
>
> Strangely for me there are less open bugs in Rawhide than 21.

Ah, hrm, this could be because F21 is almost alpha and we've been
spending a lot of time to improve it - test days, for example. I suggest
you join the QA team[1] and see if their activities interest you. With
F21 testing in full flow, we could really use more people, as many as we
can get really.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join
--
Thanks,