[Fedora-join] Polling: do we need a track on fedorahosted?

Eduardo Mayorga Téllez mayorga at fedoraproject.org
Sat Apr 4 03:31:06 UTC 2015

Hi Gabriele,

El 03/04/2015 9:27 am, Gabriele Trombini escribió:
> Hello guys,
>
> Pete and me were discussing about the need to have a fedora-join in
> the ticketing system.

Great idea!

> Benefits:
>
> 1) follow the correct workflow
> 2) wiki gardening/renew
> 3) audit onboarding process for each SIG (many tickets)
> 4) developing some plan to help new folks
> 5) get copy about the join sig into the FAS web ui and the FAS todo
> list
> 6) seeking people from other groups that would take care of a tutoring
> service

The workflow to follow can be to encourage every newcomer who feels that
needs
help to open a new ticket so that a mentor is able to pick up it. What
do you
think?

We can have these types of tickets:
* mentoring request; this can use keywords for different teams (docs,
packaging, etc).
* contributing opportunity; we create these according to teams needs.
Similar
to easyfix but including non-coding tasks in the scope.
* internal Join SIG tasks.

Eduardo

--
http://about.me/mayorgatellez