experiences with qt-4.5, kde-4.2.2?

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:30:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Neal Becker  wrote:
> I'm thinking of taking the plunge.  How are experiences so far?  No major
> disasters?

Apart from the kickoff focus issue, I have another semi-important
problem. Pure Qt application windows (such as qsynth, qjackctl) and
their subprocess windows do not have any close buttons on top right. I
can minimize them to the tray by clicking on their tray icon, but this
doesn't minimize their subprocess windows. They are on the desktop
forever (well, at least until I quit the application).

As far as I can tell, this only applies to pure Qt applications. These
are not application specific since the examples I gave had their close
buttons in qt4.4 . Maybe they need to be rebuilt against qt4.5?

Meanwhile, the 100% CPU problem did not occur after I logged out and
back in. I've been logged in for 2 days now. I don't know what
triggered that.

Additionally, I noticed that the Information Panel on Dolphin stops
working sometimes, and I have to close/reopen Dolphin to make it work
again. Yet again, I couldn't figure out what triggers the
disfunctionality.

Orcan