qt-4.5.1 in kde-redhat/testing

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Apr 23 14:42:49 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter wrote:
> qt-4.5.1 will land in kde-redhat/testing soonish.
>
> Feedback encouraged... we're seriously considering putting this into
> F-11, but we need sufficient testing.

I'm seeing some real funky rendering issues on my f11 laptop with
qt-4.5.1, so unless you're willing to possibly manually downgrade qt,
you may want to be a little wary here.

Wierdness includes kickoff/lancelot sometimes appearing as an empty
box/frame.  resizing other plasma applets seems to make them partially
transparent (cool looking, but different than before with qt-4.5.0)

If someone can confirm this badness, I'll move this to unstable in the
meantime.

-- Rex