Graphic errors in task bar since qt 4.5.1

Florian Sievert floriansievert at phobeus.de
Sun Apr 26 20:17:48 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I am currently having some nasty graphic problems with the task bar.
After a long working day suddenly plasma seems to get pretty slow and no
icons or images seems to be redrawn in the task panel. Text seems fine,
but the icons disappear. Some appear again, if you hover them by mouse,
some other seems to stay away. I running the system with an ati with
pretty trunk drivers with "radeonhd". You might think that this is the
problem, but I am quite sure it is getting more common since the update
on qt 4.5.1. I also don't think it is the graphic driver anyway, cause
the problem can be solved restarting plasma and launch it again. Guess
memory mapping problems from the driver should either result in freeze
or problems that stay even after a plasma restart. The problem is
looking similiar to the "empty boxes" some people showing after updating
to qt 4.5.1. However I does only have it in the taskbar... but not
enough to reproduce it clearly.

Anyone else having something similiar?

Best regards,
Florian