Need help debugging/reporting phonon-gstreamer issue

Torstein Adolf Winterseth torswin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 22:21:55 UTC 2009

Hi

I need some help debugging a phonon gstreamer backend issue. I'm using
KDE 4.3 from the unofficial repos and when I listen to music with
Amarok and open Dragon Player, phonon pops up a notification saying
(translated from Norwegian): "The device for sound playback, HDA
NVidia (ALC883 Analog), doesn't work. Instead the Default is used."

If i try to play something in Dragon player, it won't play anything at
all. I'm just seeing a black screen with nothing going on. The seeker
doesn't move at all. If I try to move the seeker, Dragon player just
sits still not doing anything at all. When I then click on close, a
box pops up saying that Dragon player is not responding and I can then
terminate it.

How do I go about reporting this?

This is my first post to this list btw :)
--
Mvh
Torstein