When are we going to have the spins named appropriately?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 08:59:08 UTC 2009

On Thursday 13 August 2009 10:26:56 Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> On Thursday 13 August 2009 01:49:49 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > I was looking through planet.fedoraproject.org, and came across this
> > mockup: http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/temp/woot/spins-directory.6.png
> >
> > And I am reminded once again that we are not a "Fedora Desktop" spin
> > but a KDE Spin. And that Fedora has no Gnome spin.
> >
> > I find the continued use of this terminology to be increasing unfair,
> > for lack of a more appropriate term.
>
> Hi Arthur!
> At first, we should start calling us appropriately. I think we should use
> "Fedora KDE Desktop Edition" (as used on Fedora download page) and not "KDE
> spin". Then maybe more people realize, who we are!

I'm confused now - they are trying to move us to the spins page, Mairin has
this mail [1] as argument they can't do it in the way we want. I don't see it
there...

So we should check our status by asking Board, someone willing to do it? And
propose us as Fedora KDE Desktop Edition, not only to be some spin deep in the
download page hidden from our users.

Check [2].

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-
July/msg00088.html