When are we going to have the spins named appropriately?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Aug 14 08:42:44 UTC 2009

On Friday 14 August 2009 04:48:19 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Thomas
>
> Janssen<thomasj at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > It doesn't look too good for us as long as they are not willing to
> > make a awesome first page (like some mockups) *without* a default
> > Image to download. Instead of that default-image-download-link, there
> > should be just a link "Download" which links to *all* *Editions*.
>
> Right, having a recommended default is one thing -- an acceptable
> position since not all users know enough to make a choice.
>
> However, all editions/spins, whatever you want to call them should be
> given equal footing.

I'm not sure about spins - some of the spins are really specific, targeting on
small audience - like Astronomy one, Electronic one... But editions should be
treated same way. I don't have any objections against having Gnome as default
one, we need default option and obviously only one can be default :D

> As it is, a user has no reason to even question what they may or may
> not be missing with the default. If the default was "Gnome Desktop",
> they would at least be aware that the alternatives to "Gnome Desktop"
> may bare some consideration at some point.

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275