KMail - thread/unthread

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 16 15:54:26 UTC 2009

On Sunday 16 August 2009 16:39:28 Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> On Sunday 16 August 2009 15:58:42 Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > Well, it doesn't really answer your question, but I set KMail to
> > > unthreaded, but read all the high-volume mailing lists (and even
> > > medium-volume ones like this one) through Gmane with KNode, which I
> > > set to threaded. That works pretty well for me.
> >
> > Hmm - so this is a regression with no work-around.  Sad.
>
> Not sure if I am missing something here, but do not the Aggregation mode
> options do the trick? Icons at the top right next to the search bar, 4th
> Icon.
> I have just temporarily un-threaded a mail list no problem here, and of
> course you can have it set independently for any folder and saved.

Hi, Colin and Martin.  It just feels like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.  I
have my aggregation settings as I like them, just as with earlier releases I
had my default settings as I like them.  Yes, I know I can change them, but
that doesn't feel to be the 'quick and dirty' temporary change that I want.
I'll use it if there's no direct equivalent of the old way, but it's simply
not as convenient.

This isn't something I need to do often - just when memory fails me, and I
can't remember the subject of what I'm looking for.  Maybe I can remember who
posted it - or maybe I can only remember that it was received just before
lunch yesterday :-)  Worry not - age does this to you - your turn will come
;-)