KNode appearance under KDE-4.3.0

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Aug 25 16:04:36 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>> Since going over to kde-4.3,
>> the newsgroup names have all become abbreviated
>> in a more or less unintelligible way,
>> eg the Gmane newsgroups are
>>   g.c...
>>   g.c...
>>   g.l....
>> etc
>>
>> Widening the Names column, even to the whole screen width,
>> does not help.
>
> I don't use Knode, but Evolution has an option to use this form of
> naming for newsgroups. Perhaps Knode also has it.

Thanks for your response,
but I don't see anything in KNode=>Settings=>Configure KNode
that seems to have any bearing on this.

And I don't like to change ~/.kde/share/configs/knoderc
without having the slightest idea what the various settings mean.

Actually, I don't think anyone could deliberately set abbreviation
in this form, eg sci.<everything> has become s....

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net