Fwd: Re: [kdepim-users] Kontact refuses to re-start

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 11:38:54 UTC 2009

A fix is on the way! :-)

Subject: Re: [kdepim-users] Kontact refuses to re-start
Date: Monday 07 December 2009
From: Allen Winter <winter at kde.org>
To: kdepim-users at kde.org

On Monday 30 November 2009 3:14:54 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> Do you use KOrganizer?  We are finding that there is a problem that sounds
the
> same in Fedora.  For some reason Kontact simply will not start if your
> korganizerrc is set to use the monthly view as current.  If that line is
> removed Kontact starts normally.  Until this is resolved we have to make
sure
> that we don't stay in month-view when we shut kontact down.  HTH

I just fixed the bug Anne reported where using the month view as the initial
view in KOrganizer caused things not to work.  You might want to

The relevant revisions are
trunk => r1059603
4.3 branch => r1059605

Note that this seems to be a change in a behavior for recent versions of Qt,
probably version 4.6.0

--
KDE Community Working Group