Desktop effects question (nVidia)

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:35:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 22:43 +0000, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Out of curiosity,
> I am using rpmfusions Nvidia drivers but I can't get any of KDE's desktop
> effects to work, everything else seems fine. Is this a known problem?
>
> All was fine in F11, I've tried to search for some info but no luck so
> far.
>
> Clean install - F12/KDE-4.3.4
>
> Cheers
>
> Colin

Assuming the the X11 driver is installed (xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-*) and the
nvidia module was compiled against your running kernel
(find /lib/modules/$(uname -r) | grep nvidia.ko), have you added:

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option          "AIGLX"             "on"
EndSection

...and...

Section "Extensions"
    Option          "Composite"         "Enable"
    Option          "RENDER"            "true"
    Option          "DAMAGE"            "true"
EndSection

.. To your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file?

- Gilboa