4.3.4: KDE - no sound.

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Thu Dec 17 23:21:43 UTC 2009

On 12/17/2009 07:06 PM, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> in kde-redhat testing
> I got them all, installed and rebooted.
>
> Before the update, I had pulseaudio and only pulseaudio in the sound and video
> configuration/device preference for both audio output and audio capture.
>
> Now, after the update, I have internal audio analog sound 4.0 and Internal Audio
> Analog Stereo for audio output and capture respectively.

I have Internal Audio Analog Stereo for both output and capture.

> Now, didn't Colin's articles this morning state that with this new device-manager
> one is supposed to have all of the audio out-/inputs if pulseaudio is present and
> only one in the case that pulseaudio is not enabled?

Depends on how you interpret what he is saying. I thought that without
module-device-manager you would only see one entry like "Pulse Audio
Server" (which I did see before). With module-device-manager you see
what you see now.

  I definitely have pulseaudio,