Desktop effects question (nVidia)

Colin J Thomson - G6AVK colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 18 19:22:50 UTC 2009

On Friday 18 December 2009 18:40:19 Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 18:21 +0000, Colin J Thomson - G6AVK wrote:
> > Yes, I have tried all possible options,
>
> Try installing xcompmgr and execute it from a konsole. (Do --help for
> options).
> If it works, your OpenGL / composite stack is OK.

Thanks for that, installed and tried various options, all is working OK re
OpenGL etc.

As a test I created a new "test" account and logged into that, enabled
desktop effects and they worked :)
So I need to find the offending setting in some rc file I guess in my
normal /home DIR or possibly a Widget is the cause (doubtful)

This was a clean install however I did copy over quite a lot from my
backup of Home from F11, so a little misleading and obviously something
has caused this problem.

I really appreciate all the help and assistance I have had here,

Cheers

Colin

--
Fedora release 12 (Constantine)