4.3.4: KDE - no sound.

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Sat Dec 19 18:57:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:49:08 +0100, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
wrote:
> Gilboa Davara wrote:
>> I'm lost.
>> The problem is KDE only. (I restarted pulse using start-pulseaudio-kde)
>> mplayer works, skype works, VLC works... everything except phonon
works.

>> What's the next step?
>
> Is xine-lib-pulseaudio installed? It should be (at least until we move
it
> into the main xine-lib package). It's missing on the live image which is
> the
> cause of most F12 KDE sound issues.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Gilboa, you're not alone on this one. I'm having the exact same problem on
my desktop pc here at home.

Latest Phonon, PulseAudio and xine stuff installed here (including
xine-lib-pulseaudio). Checked against the kde-* repo's and updates-testing.

On a side note, I'm using a preupgraded F11 Live KDE -> F12 here which was
working fine pré KDE 4.3.4. :)

On an other side note, this might be worth mentioning too:

<rdieter> in pavucontrol's playback tab, you should see amarok, with an
animated volume shown
<Kaboon> erm, it's empty except for "System sounds"
<rdieter> ok, so phonon isn't using pulseaudio... for somereason.  ??

and Rex had to leave.

I guess this one is out of my league so if you guys want me to have
something changed / tested just let me know and I'll see what I can do. :)

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Eelko Berkenpies