Kontact crashes

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 16:46:57 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 22 December 2009 10:37:42 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 December 2009 14:53:12 Armelius Cameron wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 December 2009 09:10:31 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I'm getting frequent kontact crashes since I installed F12.  Is this a
> > >  common problem?
> >
> > Sometimes I'm getting a crash that trigger the bug reporting tool when I
> >  exit Kontact, but I cannot consistently reproduce it.
>
> I can, but it doesn't give a useful bug report, and unlike F11, it doesn't
> seem to pull in the debug packages, so I'll have to sort that out.

I had to install install kdepim-debuginfo in addition to qt-debuginfo and
kdelibs-debuginfo as explained here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces#What_debuginfo_packages_should_I_install.3F

> I don't know whether it's the only cause, but it seems to be whenever a
> message is moved - whether by hand, by filter, or by Expire.  At the moment
> it's virtually unusable.  And it makes no difference whether I'm in Kontact
>  on plain KMail.

hm... other than the occasional crash that I mentioned, I don't have any other
problem with it. It's been stable for me. I have a lot of IMAP folders
(multiple servers) and local folders.
Could it be a bad configuration somewhere ? Could you try it with fresh
configuration ? (I know it's a pain to set up everything again, but I found
sometimes that cure problems).

Thanks
--
AC