Text entry to a notes widget using iBus crashes Plasma

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 11:23:51 UTC 2009

I have "Swanalekha" input method enabled for Malayalam language. When I
enter text to a notes widget on the desktop using iBus, Plasma crashes.
The crash does not happen on entry of the very first character, but
happens to occur when I try to enter specific characters or combinations.

I've KDE SC 4.4 beta and system fully updated with kde-unstable and
kde-testing repos enabled.
If I remember right, the crash was there even before the update to 4.4 beta.

Anyone else seeing this?