Fedora 12 spontaneously suspending

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 19:10:04 UTC 2009

Orion Poplawski wrote:

> Has anyone here had trouble with F12 spontaneously suspending?

I don't use suspend as a rule (I turn off the computer), but on my laptop, when it is
not plugged in, it suspends abruptly and with barely any warning or enough time for
me to take any counter action (like plug in the cable) when the battery level gets to
around 35% (way to high a battery life to cause such a drastic power off!).

When I then tried to resume my laptop yesterday, it resumed to the locked
screensaver. I moved the mouse to the field and tried to type my password, when it
spontaneously suspended again!

I again resumed the machine and this time I got my password typed to unlock the
screensaver and all was fine. It was definitely unnerving to have it suspend itself
once (or was it twice?) when I tried to resume from a suspend that had initially been
triggered by a low battery.

This has never happened before, but I recently upgraded to kde-4.3.85.f12.i686 and I
experienced this for the first time yesterday.