Kontact on 4.3.85 - Shock!

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:21:19 UTC 2009

On Monday 28 December 2009 19:29:25 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 28 December 2009 19:22:59 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > If all remains well tomorrow I'll file a bug report.
>
> And the biggest surprise of all - Akregator is working again.  Whatever the
> problem was, it must have been blocking Akregator from fetching the feeds.

Mixed bag, this morning.  On the good side, Kontact is still starting up,
albeit very slowly.  Akregator and KOrganizer are both available within
Kontact, without problems.  Now the really, really bad.

My addressbook showed as empty.  In Dolphin I checked the file and it was 0
bytes - something I haven't seen for over two years!  Thank heavens for
backups, but although I have rewritten the file from a backup, it still
doesn't show either in Kontact or in KAddressBook run stand-alone.  I tried
stopping Akonadi and re-starting it, in the hope that it was simply not re-
reading the file, but that didn't make a difference.  I tried re-starting KDE
- still no difference.  The only thing I haven't tried is a reboot.

I believe I said it before, but both korganizer and kaddressbook were
apparently working with akonadi before - at least they were registered
resources and there were no complaints.

KDE Community Working Group