PackageKit and "yum install ..." hang

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Thu Dec 31 10:42:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 03:25:25 -0500, Gene Smith <gds at chartertn.net> wrote:
> I think this is related to the "kded4" crashing but not sure how. When I

> try to use KPackageKit to find a package under "Software Management" it
> now hangs with the message at bottom "waiting on other tesks". If I do a

> yum install it also hangs after printing "Loaded plugins: presto,
> refresh-packagekit" and can only exit it with kill -9. I think maybe if
> kpkgkit waits long enough that kded4 finally crashes. So this may be
> what others see too. But yum hanging was not reported I don't think and
> I wasn't seeing it earlier.
>
> I have tried log off/on, restart X, power off/on and nothing helps.
> Network connection still good.
>
> -gene

Are you using rpmfusion?

Currently mirrors.rpmfusion.org is unreachable. Tried yum installing with
"--disablerepo=rpmfusion*"? Or could also try to enable the "baseurl"
instead of the "mirrorlist" in your rpmfusion repo files that ought to
work. :)

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Eelko Berkenpies