Desktop Themes

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 09:09:10 UTC 2009

On Monday 02 of February 2009 09:58:04 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 02 February 2009 08:48:12 Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > On Monday 02 of February 2009 09:05:16 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > I've not used desktop themes particularly in the past, but in 4.2 I
> > > really dislike the heavy black panel, so that caused me to experiment.
> > > I was surprised, though, at what I found.
> > >
> > > On my Mandriva laptop, installing the Naked theme gave me widget
> > > transparency, although the handles still remain black.  The panel is
> > > semi-transparent. Overall the look is very pleasing.
> > >
> > > On my Fedora 10 netbook, the same theme gives me different results.
> > > Widgets are again transparent, but this time the handles are
> > > transparent too.  The panel, however, remains hideously black.
> > >
> > > Why does the theme display differently on different distros?  Is it
> > > possible to adapt the theme so that I can get a transparent panel?
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Hi Anne,
> > panel is transparent when desktop effects are enabled (4.2. on F10).
>
> I do have desktop effects enabled.  I wonder if there is a specific one
> that controls this?

Let me look if there is some trigger.

It looks like this: http://rezza.hofyland.cz/desktops/kde42_1.png
It's Oxygen theme.

> > I like
> > it how does it look but my friend sent me Vista screenshot - with subject
> > "Vista copy" and it really looks like copy of Vista's panel...
>
> Hehehe - I neither know nor care what Vista's panel looks like.  If it's
> right for me, that's all I care about :-)

+1 ;-) Same for me - I don't care. Only one thing I don't like on this panel
theme - blue glow effect on active task...

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275
Mobile: +420 731 455 332