Konqueror won't talk to my router

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 3 17:07:58 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> No - but then I haven't given much attention to this yet.  Nepomuk seems
> to be ok, but Strigi isn't working.  I just see "Failed to contact Strigi
> indexer (No such method 'currentFolder' in interface
> 'org.kde.nepomuk.Strigi' at object path '/nepomukstrigiservice' (signature
> ''))" on the configuration page.

Strigi (or at least Nepomuk's version of it, which is what KDE is now using)
is disabled by default if you have only the Redland backend (which is the
current situation in Fedora because it's a lot of work to package Sesame2
properly - our guidelines forbid just using the binary JARs, everything
must be built from source). Maybe there's even some hardcoded disabling, if
so we should fix it as that would be a regression from 4.1.

        Kevin Kofler