KDE4 effects Xrender vs OpenGL

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 16:12:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Mark Bidewell
<mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:
> I was playing around with KDE 4.2 compositing settings and I tried
> switching from OpenGL to Xrender.  It seems as though my system
> operates smoother with Xrender than OpenGL.  Is there anything I
> should be aware of using Xrender instead of OpenGL?

On my netbook, OpenGL works great and Xrender crawls -- on my laptop,
on the other hand, it's the exact inverse. Both using Intel graphics.
It's weird.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München